Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged Quotes are popular and famous. Alice O’Connor was a Russian-American writer and philosopher better known by her pen name Ayn Rand. She is recognized for her novels and for coining the term “Objectivism” to describe a philosophical system she created. In this blog, we will share many of the Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged Quotes.
She was born and raised in Russia before emigrating to the United States in 1926. In 1935, she created a play that premiered on Broadway. After two early books that were originally unsuccessful, she rose to prominence with The Fountainhead, published in 1943. Rand’s best-known work, Atlas Shrugged, was released in 1957.
She then moved to non-fiction to promote her ideas, producing her own magazines and releasing many volumes of essays until her death in 1982. Let’s find some very interesting, meaningful Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged Quotes in this article.
The guy who refuses to judge, who neither agrees nor disagrees, who claims that there are no absolutes and feels that he is immune from accountability, is the one who is responsible for all the blood spilled in the world today. Reality is absolute, existence is absolute, a particle of dust is absolute, and human life is absolute. It is a given that you will live or die. It is an absolute whether you have a piece of bread or not. It’s an absolute whether you eat your bread or witness it go into the stomach of a looter.
Rand emphasized reason above faith and religion as the sole method of gaining knowledge. She was an avowed supporter of logical and ethical egoism and an outspoken opponent of altruism, with famous Ayn Rand Atlas, Shrugged Quotes.
She opposed collectivism, statism, and anarchism in politics and denounced the use of force as unethical. Rather, she advocated for laissez-faire capitalism, which she characterized as a system based on individual rights, including property rights.
Despite her opposition to libertarianism, which she saw as anarchy, Rand is sometimes linked to the current libertarian movement. Rand was a proponent of romantic realism in art.
Every problem has two sides: one is correct and the other is incorrect, but the center is always bad. Even if only by acknowledging the responsibility of the decision, the man who is incorrect preserves some respect for truth. The knave in the middle, on the other hand, is the man who blanks out the truth in order to pretend that no choice or values exist, who is willing to sit out any battle, willing to profit from the innocent’s blood or crawl on his belly to the guilty, who administers justice by imprisoning both the robber and the robbed, who resolves conflicts by ordering the thinker and the fool to meet each other.
Except for Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas, and classical liberals, she was a harsh critic of most thinkers and philosophical systems she was familiar with. The great work The work Atlas Shrugged had taken almost fourteen years to complete, therefore these Evergreen Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged Quotes are really invaluable.
Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged Quotes
Here are 30 Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged quotes you must love and learn
- “It was the greatest sensation of existence: not to trust but to know.”
- “In this world, either you’re virtuous or you enjoy yourself. Not both, lady, not both.”
- “There are no evil thoughts except one; the refusal to think.”
- “Any work is creative work if done by a thinking mind.”
- “Power-lust is a weed that grows only in the vacant lots of an abandoned mind. ”
- “I take no pride in hopeless longing; I wouldn’t hold a stillborn aspiration. I’d want to have it, to make it, to live it.”
- “But you see, the measure of hell you’re able to endure is the measure of your love.”
- “If one’s actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others.”
- “There are no contradictions. If you find one, check your premises.”
- “If you don’t know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.”
- “Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them.”
- “I never found beauty in longing for the impossible and never found the possible to be beyond my reach.”
- “We are born into this world unarmed – our mind is our only weapon.”
- “What greater wealth is there than to own your life and to spend it on growing? Every living thing must grow. It can’t standstill. It must grow or perish.”
- “Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.”
- “Guilt is a rope that wears thin.”
- “It is not death that we wish to avoid, but the life that we wish to live.”
- “I am, therefore I’ll think”
- “Live and act within the limit of your knowledge and keep expanding it to the limit of your life.”
- “Money will not purchase happiness for the man who has no concept of what he wants.”
- “Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction.”
- “But there are people who’ll try to hurt you through the good they see in you–knowing that it’s good, needing it and punishing you for it. Don’t let it break you when you discover that.”
- “Don’t think of them now. Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. You’re here. It’s our time and our life, not theirs. Don’t struggle not to be happy. You are.”
- “Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper’s bell of an approaching looter.”
- “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.”
- “It is not advisable to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener.”
- “The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it.”
- “Learn to distinguish the difference between errors of knowledge and breaches of morality.”
- “There is no such thing as a lousy job – only lousy men who don’t care to do it.”
- “Joy is the goal of existence, and joy is not to be stumbled upon, but to be achieved, and the act of treason is to let its vision drown in the swamp of the moment’s torture.”
- “There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.”
- “A viler evil than to murder a man is to sell him suicide as an act of virtue.”
- “Let me give you a tip on a clue to men’s characters: the man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it.”
More Interesting Quotes and Sayings
- 40 Mother Teresa Best Inspirational Quotes for A Better Life
- 99 Hajj Mubarak Umrah Quotes Messages Wishes Status
- 50 Peace Mother Teresa Quotes for Motivation Inspiration
- 35 Lailatul Qadr Mubarak Shab E Qadr Qadr Night Messages
- 35 Eid Adha Mubarak Greetings Prayers Messages Status SMS
- 50 Unforgettable Mother Teresa Famous Quotes
- 30 Positive Life-Changing Quotes for Motivation
- 25 Bakrid Wishes Eid al Adha Messages Greetings Prayers
- 35 St Mother Teresa Quotes for Motivation and Learning
- 50 Positive Inspirational Good Morning Quotes to Go Ahead
- 40 Eid ul Adha Wishes Messages Prayers Greetings Status
- 40 Mother Teresa Quotes On Life Do It Anyway and Other
- 30 Eid ul Adha Quotes Greetings Prayers Wishes Messages
- 40 Positive Quotes on Moving Forward to Succeed
- 25 Happy Eid Mubarak Wishes Greetings Messages Prayers
- 45 Positive Thinking Self Worth Inspirational Quotes
- 25 Happy Eid Mubarak Wishes Quotes Greetings Prayers Status
- 50 Mother Teresa Inspirational Quotes for Motivation
- 45 Ramadan Mubarak Quotes Prayers Messages Greetings
- 30 Daily Encouragement Quotes for Moving Forward