Ayn Rand quotes on government are here. Literary reviewers have conflicting feelings about Rand’s novels. Academic philosophers have usually disregarded or dismissed her philosophy because of her polemical style and lack of methodological rigor, despite the fact that academic interest in her views has risen after her death. Her articles have affected the political views of certain libertarians and conservatives.
The Objectivist movement aims to disseminate her views to the general public as well as in academic contexts. This article will feature many interesting Ayn Rand quotes on government.
Don’t let your fire burn out in the dismal marshes of the not-quite, not-yet, and not-at-all, spark by irreplaceable spark. Don’t allow the hero in your soul to expire in loneliness, yearning for the life you earned but couldn’t achieve. You can have the world you want. It exists, it is true, it is feasible, and it is yours with Ayn Rand quotes on government.
People believe that a liar triumphs over his victim. What I’ve learned is that lying is an act of self-abdication, since it involves surrendering one’s reality to the one to whom one lies, thus making that person one’s master, and committing oneself to fake the kind of reality that person’s view needs… From then on, the guy who lies to the world is the world’s slave… There are no white lies; only the most heinous acts of destruction exist, and a white lie is the most heinous of them all.
What would you say to Atlas, the titan who carries the world on his shoulders, if you saw him standing with blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still attempting to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort, the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders by Ayn Rand quotes on government?
The outcome and total of a man’s core convictions is his sexual preference… He’ll always be drawn to the woman who represents his innermost vision of himself, the one whose submission allows him to feel good about himself. The man who is confident in his own worth will seek out the highest sort of woman he can find, the woman he admires, the strongest, the most difficult to overcome, since only possessing a heroine would give him a sense of accomplishment with Ayn Rand quotes on government.
Ayn Rand quotes on government
1. There’s no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
2. We are fast approaching the stage…where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission.
3. Since the only proper function of a government is to protect man’s rights, it cannot claim title to his life in exchange for that protection.
4. Under a proper social system…a private individual may do anything except that which is legally forbidden; a government official may do nothing except that which is legally permitted…This is the American concept of a government of laws and not of men.’
5. It is the institution of private property that protects and implements the right to disagree.
6. A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort…is…but a mob held together by institutionalized gang rule.
7. A proper government is only a policeman, acting as an agent of man’s self-defense, and, as such, may resort to force only against those who start the use of force…government that initiates the employment of force against men who had forced no one…reverses its only moral purpose.
8. Freedom, in a political context, means freedom from government coercion. It does not mean freedom from the landlord, or freedom from the employer, or freedom from the laws of nature which do not provide men with automatic prosperity.
9. A government is the most dangerous threat to man’s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
10. The government was set to protect man from criminals, and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government.
11. Government “help” to business is just as disastrous as government persecution… the only way a government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping its hands off.
12. The only proper purpose of a government is to protect man’s rights, which means: to protect him from physical violence.
13. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
We feel you have enjoyed these Ayn Rand quotes on government!
More Interesting Quotes and Sayings
- 40 Mother Teresa Best Inspirational Quotes for A Better Life
- 99 Hajj Mubarak Umrah Quotes Messages Wishes Status
- 50 Peace Mother Teresa Quotes for Motivation Inspiration
- 35 Lailatul Qadr Mubarak Shab E Qadr Qadr Night Messages
- 35 Eid Adha Mubarak Greetings Prayers Messages Status SMS
- 50 Unforgettable Mother Teresa Famous Quotes
- 30 Positive Life-Changing Quotes for Motivation
- 25 Bakrid Wishes Eid al Adha Messages Greetings Prayers
- 35 St Mother Teresa Quotes for Motivation and Learning
- 50 Positive Inspirational Good Morning Quotes to Go Ahead
- 40 Eid ul Adha Wishes Messages Prayers Greetings Status
- 40 Mother Teresa Quotes On Life Do It Anyway and Other
- 30 Eid ul Adha Quotes Greetings Prayers Wishes Messages
- 40 Positive Quotes on Moving Forward to Succeed
- 25 Happy Eid Mubarak Wishes Greetings Messages Prayers
- 45 Positive Thinking Self Worth Inspirational Quotes
- 25 Happy Eid Mubarak Wishes Quotes Greetings Prayers Status
- 50 Mother Teresa Inspirational Quotes for Motivation
- 45 Ramadan Mubarak Quotes Prayers Messages Greetings
- 30 Daily Encouragement Quotes for Moving Forward